Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of our favorite movies around here (the old one with Gene Wilder, not the newer remake) and I've always liked the song when Charlie and Grandpa Joe sing, "I've got a Golden Ticket!"
Well, we're singing it loud and strong today!
I'VE GOT A GOLDEN TICKET!
That's code in adoption language for the US government's approval to adopt a foreign child.
This is the last piece of paperwork that we needed to complete our dossier. I will get this last document signed and notarized, we will be able to send our complete package off to Eastern Europe. When it's received we will request an appointment for permission to adopt the girls!
It's coming together fast now!
Hang on for a wild ride!
So here are our next Prayer Requests:
- Getting childcare lined up for our kids while we are traveling. We will be gone 3-4 weeks on the first trip.
- For great airfare rates and travel expenses.
- For God to provide the remaining funds we will need for the in-country expenses.
- That God will prepare the girls' hearts and minds to meet and receive us.
- For a quick court date and a judge that has a heart for adoption.